Saturday, August 11, 2007

Re: Expansion / control joint

Doug, thanks for that link, the info was very good.

On 8/11/07, William.Sherman@ch2m.com <William.Sherman@ch2m.com > wrote:
It is the engineer's responsibility to provide direction regarding use of movement joints.  The mason should not be providing joints that interrupt structural continuity without direction from the engineer.
 
Bill Sherman
CH2M HILL / DEN
720-286-2792
 


From: erik gibbs [mailto:erik.gibbs@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 3:29 PM
To: seaint@seaint.org
Subject: Expansion / control joint

 
I recieved a plan check on a cmu retaining wall that I designed asking to provide a detail for rebar placement for expansion joints. I realize that on long walls expansion joints should be used, but as far as specifying them on structural drawings, shouldn't that be the job of the mason? I looked in the UBC and I couldn't find any info about this. Has anyone come across this before?
 
Thanks
 
Erik Gibbs