Sunday, August 24, 2008

Enercalc

I was wondering if anybody had the chance to use the latest version 6.0.19  and what their opinion might be.
 
For the few times I have tried to use it, I was not impressed. The file size gets too large, compared to version 5.8, even if you have one calculation. The screen refresh/update is too slow when you navigate or update a field. The design/layout is awkward. And finally, I think there may be some errors in the  modules, not sure though if I did something wrong, still experimenting (check the steel beam module with composite slab option and the concrete beam module.)  Enercalc web site is not much help at all. No information is provided and no user comments or problems are posted. I believe it was not ready for prime time when it was released.
Did anyone experience any problem or do you have an opinion?
 
Thanks,
 
Peter Maregan