Thursday, June 25, 2009

Re: Max. temperature for concrete

Bevin, Tom,
 
        When I see the terms liquid sulphur storage, reinforced concrete tank, and crack free design used in the same paragraph my first reaction is "Ha ha ha ha ...."  Please don't think I'm mocking you; I'm not.
 
        I responded to a request for information on storage tank design on this list on 11/3/2005, and followed up privately on 11/4/2005.  These responses were very lengthy so I will not repeat them here; but I will forward them to both of you privately.
 
        Reinforced concrete tanks used for liquid sulphur storage lack durability to the point where, in a very few years, they can become outright dangerous, never-the-less, they remain the most practical solution to the problem of storing liquid sulphur in the short term.  More to follow privately.
 
Regards,
 
H. Daryl Richardson
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:46 AM
Subject: Max. temperature for concrete

Pl. let me know that what is the maximum temperature bare concrete can withstand, in case of liqquid sulphur storage pit (concrete strength = 4000 psi, crack free design).
 
Thanks
Bhavin