Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Re: ICC Green Building Code

Gerard:
 
Don't stereotype those that disagree with you.  I believe in evolution AND I believe that climate change is a naturally occurring phenomenon, but I don't feel the least bit conflicted.  Also, I can express my views without intentionally insulting anyone else, so I must not be a liberal.  Since I am pro choice and pro stem cell, I must not really be a true conservative, either.  However, I do believe in limited government, as federal intervention is often the problem but seldom the solution.  Deliver the mail, defend the shores, and stay out of my way.  On second thought, forget the mail ... I prefer email, FedEx, and UPS.    
 
Bill:
 
There will be no future events at Texas Stadium.  It is being demolished and the site is being leveled to provide a construction staging area for my current project, a five-level interchange of four major limited-access highways with a total of 42 bridges.  The City of Irving is considering an auction for the rights to push the demo button, thinking that rich Eagles and Redskins fans might step forward.  Besides, I don't need any reeducation since I obviously already know everything.
 
Scott:
 
I made my $$$ home HVAC decision before I learned of the federal tax credit.  Nevertheless, I sincerely appreciate you contributing your tax dollars to my comfort ... especially since it has been in triple digits here for the past week and there is no relief in sight.  No, this is not global warming.  It is merely summer in Texas.  In the summer of 1980, we had 69 days over 100.  Today is only #13 and summer is about half over.  Your premise that ICC is a commercial opportunist is spot on.  I agree completely, but I don't have to like it.
 
Regards,
 
Stan
 
 
On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Scott Maxwell wrote:
 
Stan:

You should be applauding ICC doing the "Green" code.