Saturday, September 17, 2011

RE: Construction Law Book

What an utterly sexist remark.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

 

Richard Hess, S.E. (a sex neutral designation)

 

From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill@polhemus.cc]
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2011 6:56 AM
To: <seaint@seaint.org>
Subject: Re: Construction Law Book

 

I've always wondered: why do lawyers use "Esq." rather than LL.D.? And isn't "esquire" incorrect when referring to a female?

 

(Yeah, pushin' buttons as usual...)

William L. Polhemus, Jr P.E.

Sent from my iPad 2


On Sep 17, 2011, at 8:32 AM, GSKWY@aol.com wrote:

My book on construction law for engineers and architects will be published next summer by Wiley & Sons.

 

I am currently putting together a glossary of legal terms to include in the book.  I'm curious to know what legal terms people typically come across and would find helpful in a glossary.  Things like "subrogation", "indemnification", "ratification".

 

Feel free to e-mail me on or off list.  

 

Thanks, 

Gail Kelley

P.E., Esq., LEED AP