Thursday, November 3, 2011

Concrete Pedistal large

Hello all

 

I am designing an entry toward structure for a large box store…like use to be a Circuit City store.  We have arch pedestals that are 6’-4” x 4’-4” x 4’-0” high.  We designed this shape as a 12” thk concrete walls around the outside perimeter.  I have #4’s @ 18” each face for the walls.  I have braced frames sitting on top of 2 sides. Below the frame columns are 18”sq columns w/4-#8’s & #3 ties @ 8”oc.

 

The contractor wants to pour the whole volume as solid conc. in one pour and only use the rebar as designed for the walls around the perimeter.   I have not designed any concrete above ground like this before.

 

Any comments or area to watch out for would be much appreciated.  Admixtures  for conc.  Additional steel etc.

 

Harold I need to tap into vast knowledge and experience relating to concrete.

 

 

Joe Venuti

Joven Engineering

P.O. Box 5098

La Quinta,  CA

760 408-6441