Monday, November 21, 2011

Re: OT: Okay, Serious Question

Nah, I just watched a little bit of a "Motor Trend" type TV show, where they were listing the various automakers' status. Ever since I was a young adult it's been the same thing b

Look at Consumer Reports' reviews. Meh.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Sent from my iPad 2

On Nov 20, 2011, at 6:25 PM, nma <nma@nma-se.com> wrote:

> Let's see: You got stranded someplace?
>
> I had to look up what "sine qua non" meant - my school only taught me engineering.
>
> Gave up on Buicks in 1985 after two of my company cars had to get new transmissions.
> Gave up on my 94 Plymouth Voyager about ten years ago when the transmission gave out and the paint started pealing. Now used as a "truck" for hauling stuff to the dumps.
>
> Neil
>
> Early Happy Thanksgiving, Bill. (I think that is still PC, but I've got lots of turkeys here in beautiful downtown Shingle Springs.)
>
>
>
> On 11/20/2011 2:44 PM, Bill Polhemus wrote:
>> Why is it that the USA is considered the sine qua non of scientific and engineering innovation: aerospace, solid state electronics, pure research of any and every kind. We lead or seriously compete in nearly every area of human endeavor.
>>
>> Yet we cannot manage to design and manufacture a reliable passenger automobile? WTF!
>>
>> (POLITICAL CORRECTNESS DISCLAIMER: This is not an intent to disparage any other nation, creed, color, or faith. It is my opinion. If you find yourself angry at my words, then simply reject my opinion and substitute your own).
>>
>> William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
>> Sent from my iPad 2
>
>
> ******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
> * Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
> * * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
> *
> * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
> *
> * Questions to seaint-ad@seaint.org. Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: http://www.seaint.org ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********