Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Re: CONCRETE: Drafting Precision

Yes, that's a practical assumption but where if anywhere do we find this stated formally?

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Sent from my iPhone 4

On Dec 20, 2011, at 7:32 PM, Mark Benjamin <mark@crownjade.com> wrote:

> I have always said that concrete guys don't have 1/2" on their tapes.
>
> "bill@polhemus.cc" <bill@polhemus.cc> wrote:
>
>> Here's a question I THOUGHT I knew the answer to...but for the life of me I
>> can't locate it any longer if it ever existed.
>>
>> What defines the standard for concrete drafting precision?
>>
>> I know that ACI 117 is about the as-constructed tolerance for concrete elements,
>> but what about what is put on the drawings to begin with?
>>
>> For instance, is it reasonable to show a spread footing foundation to the 1/16th
>> of an inch, as recently came across my desk? I thought I remembered that there
>> were specific precision allowances for different elements - for instance, to the
>> half-inch, or the the nearest inch, etc.
>>
>> Where is that found? Or is it?
>>
>> Sorry, my mind is going. I can feel it.E杖+-�m���� j)�?�+-���Ǧj)pj���hʋ������-���x"�竰 ,�Ț�*'���^�p��'�x�H@H+��N�.n�+�����'J��r��z�^jǠ��!��� 0�梞�+��jX��V�� ��ب��h�梞֝�梞�+��zfޭ��zf��*.��ݶ�azX��+)��bq�&j)ڝٚɷ�z�,��p��h�ܨ��^�h��*'1����ʋ��ȭ���y�"�歆�i��0�ǚ�{h�

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
* Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
*
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*
* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*
* Questions to seaint-ad@seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********