Friday, September 11, 2009

RE: concrete anchorage using appendix D of ACI-318-05

I have had the same problem as you described.  My solution was to provide concrete reinforcement that is developed within the shear cone of the bolt group.  This will transfer the tension force to the reinforcement.  The key is to make sure the bar is developed and hooked within the shear cone.
 
Andre Sidler
Quantum Consulting Engineers
Seattle, WA
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
15 Message:0015 15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Salvador Dorado" <sdorado@tbengineeringinc.com>
To: <seaint@seaint.org>
Subject: RE: concrete anchorage using appendix D of ACI-318-05

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01CA3223.A8FB0DF0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi,

Is anyone able to provide me with a sample calc for anchoring a
brace frame base plate to concrete. The uplift load I have is 335 kips. I
have worked on it but the size I obtain for the grade beam size to resist
the uplift load in breakout seems quite high. I have to use a 6'6" grade
beam and embed the anchors at least 60 inches in order to get it to work.
Any feedback would be great. Thank you.