Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Re: ACI

Thanks. I know for a fact that they care. I can pass your complaints along to the right people. I'm not saying ACI doesn't make mistakes as they try out new technologies, but they may not fully understand your needs and process.

Jay

At 02:51 PM 12/14/2011, you wrote:
Kay, I doubt they care.

A few years ago you could purchase PDFs of their standards, that were not limited in any way.

You could cut-and-paste the text from ACI 301, for example - which is intended to be used in that way (look at the wording near the end of the standard talking about how to use it).

Now, you pay the same fee that you would for the hard-copy. You can't download it. You can't print it. You can't copy any text from it. You can only read it through a web browser on Scribd.com. Period.

It's stupid, it's idiotic and it makes no practical sense whatsoever.

Funny thing is, I can sit there and transcribe the text on my computer the old fashioned way by typing it into word. The restrictions they've implemented don't keep me from typing up the thing and using it however I want.

It's just idiotic, and I'm sick of the fanatical obsession with IP that throws barriers in the way of legitimate users.

That's my gripe.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Sent from my iPhone 4

On Dec 14, 2011, at 11:48 AM, Jay Shilstone <j2008.s@shilstone.com> wrote:

Bill,

I do a lot of stuff with ACI. Do you have a particular complaint? I would be happy to pass it on to the right people.

Jay Shilstone


<rant>
At 11:11 AM 12/14/2011, you wrote:

The American Concrete Institute's electronic publication's business model sux.

 

That is all.

</rant>

Jay Shilstone                              (214) 793-2166
(Concrete Consultant)                     FAX: (469) 327-4278
Shilstone Companies
1721 W. Plano Pkwy, #218               jay2003.shilstone@shilstone.com
Plano, TX, 75075                           http://www.shilstone.com
U.S.A.